Christmas baking season has begun! Yesterday I stocked up on plenty of baking supplies, put on Pandora Christmas and got down to business!
Though not necessarily the most Christmasy of cookies, Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are the first thing I think of when the holiday season begins. I think its because for as long as I can remember, it was my job to unwrap the Hershey kisses when my mom made these cookies at Christmastime. I always *accidentally* unwrapped ~20 more kisses than the recipe called for so that my sister and I could eat the extras. And this time was no exception!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
(yield: about 4 dozen cookies)
- Hershey’s kisses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix butter and peanut butter until well blended. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually mix into butter and sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Coat the balls in granulated sugar and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges and just slightly browned.
- Immediately press unwrapped kisses into center of cookies.