Guys, I might have to start Baby Mondays.
Just kidding. I would inevitably post 129482 baby pictures of myself because I believe I was obvi the cutest baby ever to grace the baby world, even though its common knowledge that most babies are only cute to their parents.
But there is ONE more Squishy McSquish I need to share. And a recipe too!
Meet Skylar, who belongs to Tracey at my school.
Here is Skylar sitting in the Stanley Cup because she is a baller.
Here is Skylar with a party on her head in an attempt to distract us all from THOSE. CHEEKS.
Moral of the story is Miss Skylar can’t eat dairy or soy, which means Miss Tracey can’t eat dairy or soy, which means I have to get creative in my baking.
But not too creative, because luckily I found this super simple recipe for pumpkin muffins, without…you guessed it!.. dairy or soy.
This recipe is so easy and makes light, fluffy, perfectly-pumpkin-spicy muffins. Only 10 ingredients!
Pumpkin Muffins (adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (you could substitute applesauce for the oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 12 liners in a muffin tin. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, sugars, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you Miss Melanie!! You are fab and your muffins ; ) were so yummy that I ate 4 in one sitting. I must admit I got a little teary seeing Sky on your blog……can I say that she is now “famous”? xoxo
OMG really!!! haha I love that picture of my bro, your blog is making me laugh today
No. it. isn’t. Basically, Mike has not changed since he was a baby.
Also, I am all for dairy-free, and LOOOOOVE it when you feature stuff like this. I tried to go into denial this weekend and enjoy cream in my coffee and alfredo sauce on my pasta…and just proved to myself for the zillionth time that dairy and I don’t get along.