Happy December 1st! The countdown to Christmas is OFFICIALLY HERE!
Buddy the elf, what’s your favorite color?
To start your holiday baking season off right, I’m going to let you in on a little secret…
Equals GET IN MY BROWNIES NOW.
In other words, the best combination ever.
Dense, fudgy brownies sandwiching a smorgasbord of chocolate peppermint goodies…
Hi. Great to meet you.
The best part of this recipe is when you get to throw handfuls of peppermint patties and smashed candy cane oreos (Joe-Joe’s…tomato, tomato) into the brownie batter. The worst part of this recipe is when you have to resist the urge to eat the whole mess raw.
As in… I SOMEHOW burnt my tongue on boiling hot peppermint patty brownie goo. I’ll let you guess how THAT happened.
Chocolate Peppermint Brownies (adapted from Hershey’s)
yield: about 18 brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 mini peppermint patties, cut into quarters
- 8 oreos (candy cane or other), roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8×8 inch square pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until ingredients are fully incorporated. Spread half the batter in the bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with peppermint patties and oreos; press down slightly. Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.