1. Last week I found out that I’m allergic to my contacts. Unbeknownst to me, my eyes have been having such a severe reaction that I’m banned from wearing contacts for SEVEN DAYS. Do you know how good I look in glasses? Do you know how especially good I look when it’s 97 degrees and 105% humidity and my glasses keep sliding down my nose and I have to repeatedly push them back up because I CAN’T STOP SWEATING???
2. Really. I can’t stop.
3. It’s a good thing I already have a boyfriend. (Who is taking the bar one week from today. Send him some good vibes!!)
4. Recent revelation I had: MmmBOP was the original Call Me Maybe. Someone back me up on this???
5. I accidentally hit publish on this post IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING IT (sorry to all my email subscribers who got a half-written, non-edited surprise in their inboxes last night!) and then I cried to Mike about how I’m the most embarrassing person on the face of the earth. Two hours, five double-stuf Oreos, and seventy-eight pushes of my glasses back up my nose later, I finally got over it, thanks in part to…
6. Chocolate chip cookie pie. Goo.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.oey.
I really can’t think of another way to describe this pie other than the gooeyest most gooeyrific chocolate chip cookie explosion to ever hit your taste buds. You HAAAAAVE to eat a slice warm with a serious scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’ll change yo’ LIFE.
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (slightly adapted from Nestle Toll House)
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (roughly one package of graham crackers, finely crushed)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
For the pie:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the graham cracker crust; mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Press firmly and evenly into a 9-inch circular pie pan.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs on high for 1-2 minutes, or until foamy. Beat in flour, sugars and salt, then scrape down the sides and beat in the softened butter and vanilla. Fold in milk & dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared graham crust. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the center looks set. Serve warm, and with vanilla ice cream!