I recreated them.
Instead of trying to find the right words to describe these
cupcakes for breakfast pancakes, I’m just going to show you the pictures. Please try to refrain from licking the screen.
I’m drooling. Are you?
Red Velvet Pancakes (adapted from Food Republic)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, sift or whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt, butter, food coloring, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined (batter will still be lumpy). Add baking soda and vinegar, and stir until just mixed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium and coat with cooking spray or butter. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto skillet and allow to cook until bubbles on top have popped and the sides look shiny. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve warm.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, melt cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in confectioner’s sugar and milk; whisk until smooth. Glaze should be runny; add a tablespoon more of milk if needed.
- Pour over warm pancakes.